Selleys Kwik Grip Spray
A solvent-based contact adhesive in an aerosol can. Its is fast drying and forms an instant bond on contact of two treated surfaces placed under pressure. Kwik Grip Spray dries colourless and produces a durable bond on both adsorbent and non-absorbent surfaces.
- Versatile adhesive
- Durable bond
- Easy to use
- Fast drying
- Dries clear
- Heat Resistant (up to 70deg)
- 350g Aerosol Can
- 150g Aerosol Can
- Dries colourless
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Supercheap Auto
- Office Works
- Clark Rubber
- Leading Hardware Stores
Where can this product be used?
Designed for the permanent contact bonding of a variety of materials where an immediate bond is required without the need for clamping.
Typical repair and fixing jobs include:
- Car Upholstery repairs
- Attaching weather strips or rubbers to your fridge door
- Fixing laminate to tables, bench tops etc
- Patching vinyl flooring
- Replacing a vinyl tile
- Cork tiling
- Fixing shoes
- Leather repairs, eg. handbags and shoes
- Adhering flexible or other material to aluminium
- Art and craft projects
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Bonding laminated plastics
- Craft foam
- Car upholstery
- Weather strips
- Polyurethane foam
- Felt and Fabric
- Most plastics
How to use this product
- USE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA
- DO NOT SWALLOW
- Shake can well before use.
- Surfaces to be bonded should be clean, dry and free from grease or dust.
- Hold 20-25cm away from article and spray evenly.
- For a permanent contact bond, spray evenly on each surfaces to be bonded. Ensure all edges are adequately covered, keep surfaces apart until touch dry (approx 5-30min) and press and join the two surfaces together. To ensure firm contact over the entire area, move roller over the surfaces or clamp surfaces overnight.
- For a temporary bond, spray one surface only and allow to dry to a tack, press surfaces together.
- For porous material i.e. cork, felt, fabric – spray only one surface and press together while still tacky. If material is very porous, more than one application may be necessary. Allow each coat to dry before applying a second coat.
- Adhesive overspray can be removed by using mineral turps.
- Clean nozzle after use. Turn can upside down, depress spray nozzle and spray until clear propellant comes out. Spray nozzles may be soaked in mineral turpentine to keep clean.
- Some plastics may be attacked by Kwik Grip Spray. Test in an inconspicuous area prior to application. A water-based adhesive such as Kwik Grip Advanced is recommended for solvent sensitive materials.
- Not suitable for bonding rough, Ill-fitting surfaces. (Consider the suitability of alternative products such as Liquid Nails or Liquid Nails Fast for these applications)
- Ensure thorough ventilation when using. Avoid using in a confined space for prolonged periods. We recommend you use Kwik Grip Advanced in these circumstances.
- Highly flammable. Do NOT use in the same area as flame, fire or spark producing apparatus or machinery.
- This product should not be accessible to juveniles, because of its solvent content. Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling vapours from this product can be harmful or fatal.
- Contact with skin and eyes should be avoided and avoid breathing vapour.
- If in eyes flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131 126 or New Zealand 0800 764 766. If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water and seek medical advice.
- For further information refer to the Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Storage and re-use
- Store in a cool area away from ignition sources and out of direct sunlight.
Kwik Grip Advanced is a water-based contact adhesive that is ideal for bonding flat, close fitting surfaces. Forms a durable, heat and water resistant bond for long lasting results.
SELLEYS LIQUID NAILS Original is a premium grade multi-purpose construction adhesive that delivers a consistently strong and lasting bond on most building materials. Shrinkage and thermal movement...
A water based high strength construction adhesive with the benefit of faster application, which minimises the need to support joints while the adhesive cures.