I want to repair a difficult to reach hole in a PVC inflatable kayak. Which Selleys product should I use?

The glue that came with the kayak was a 'polyurethane with M.E.K.' contact adhesive. Does Selleys have an equivalent? Given the location of the leak, I'd also be interested in non-contact adhesives.


07 May 2020 04:53 AM

If the repair is on a flat area where you can glue a patch over then you can use Selleys All Fix Multi Grip. Small jobs is a solvent based glue often used for repairs to vinyl swimming pools and should be suitable as long as the Kayak is PVC or Vinyl. If the repair is along a seam or weld in the plastic you may not be able to acheive a successful or lasting repair and may need to seek out someone who specialises in repairs to inflatable boats.
Topics: Adhesives